Holistic Nurse Certification Preparation – West Meets East: Merging Best Practices Featuring: “Glenda the Good Nurse” March 15th & 16th
NEW REVISED, FLEXIBLE FORMAT!
BECOME AN INSTRUMENT OF HOLISTIC HEALING…….this seminar will provide you new tools for your toolbox. Having additional tools, training and certification, particularly in the fields of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), is proving to be an advantage in the marketplace for nurses. Since most patients are using some form of CAM, it is helpful for nurses to have a greater awareness and familiarity of holistic practices. This training will not only prepare nurses for the Holistic Nursing Certification Exam, but also provides real experiences in many of these modalities. Attendees will gain personal experience and insight, as well as greater knowledge of further opportunities in holistic medicine.”
PIHMA Center for Professional Education (CPED) is offering multiple, flexible opportunities for you to expand your toolbox.
The Core Weekend prepares nurses for the Holistic Nursing Certification Exam, and also introduces real experiences in many of these modalities. Attendees will gain personal experience and insight, as well as greater knowledge of further opportunities in holistic medicine. Attend Live or Online at your convenience. The Core Weekend provides sufficient content preparation for the Holistic Nursing Certification exam offered by AHNA, yet we encourage you to anchor your learning with the live or online modality options (below).
Core Weekend Curriculum-
-Preparatory course designed to address key competencies of Holistic Nursing Certification exam, including the following Core Values
- Holistic Philosophy, Theories and Ethics
- Holistic Educations and Research
- Nursing Self-Care
- Holistic Communications, Therapeutic Environment, & Cultural Diversity
- Holistic Caring Process
-Active learning an hands-on, experiential modules for different modalities of complementary and alternative healthcare: Imagery, Yoga/Tai chi, Reflexology, Nutrition, Reiki, Auricular Acupuncture, Qi Gong, Aromatherapy, Relationships and Communication, Death and Dying, Weight Management, Addiction and Recovery, Abuse and violence Counseling.
In addition to the Core Weekend, nurses will have the opportunity to begin in-depth clinical explorations to “specialize” in at least 2 different CAM modalities, short course 3 to 4 hours, long course weekends, CEUs available:
- Overview of Holistic Nursing Modalities (more in-depth review of a variety of modalities)
- Over view of Asian Medicine & Acupressure (live & online)
- Herb-Drug Interactions (live & online)
- Holistic Communications
- Introduction to Zen Shiatsu
- Introduction to Acu-yoga
- Holistic Nutrition (live & online)
- Tea: Health Benefits & Medicinal Uses (live & online)
- Meditation and Mind/Body Principles (live & online)
- Stress Reduction & Addiction (live & online)
- Spirituality & Health
- Abuse & Recovery
- Gua Sha & Cupping
- Pain Management
- Music Therapy
- Auricular Detox Certification (Arizona only, 70 hour course for level; Level 2 in conjunction with Rio Salado Community College online; additional cost due to higher number of hours)
Attendees who complete both Core Weekends and 2 modality training segments get Certificate of Completion of Holistic Nursing. Additional segments available at Holistic Nursing Alumni rate.
Featured Speaker for Core Weekend:
*Glenda Christiaens, PHD, RN, AHN-BC, Immediate Past President of the Holistic Nurses Association, and current CEO/President of “Glenda The Good Nurse”.
Questions please contact Paula Farquharson 602-274-1885 x116