Holistic Nurse Certification Prep Course March 15th & 16th
BECOME AN INSTRUMENT OF HOLISTIC HEALING: Gain new skills to help your patients and increase your marketability. The holistic nursing certificate in the fields of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) gives you an advantage in preventative medicine. Our Holistic Nurse Certification Prep course also provides you with greater ability to serve patients’ needs.
Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th – 7:30am to 6:00pm
NEW REVISED, FLEXIBLE FORMAT!
Core Weekend with Keynote Speaker:
Glenda Christiaens, PhD, RN, AHN-BC, Immediate Past President—AHNA, and President/CEO www.glendathegoodnurse.com
I am the Immediate Past President of the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA). The mission of AHNA is to advance holistic nursing through Community-building, Advocacy, Research and Education. My responsibilities included representing the organization in public, leading the board of directors, and overseeing operations. I recently resigned from my position as Dean of Nursing at Fortis College in Salt Lake City. While there, I helped launch the nursing program, develop and implement a new curriculum, and prepare for NLNAC accreditation. Before Fortis College, I taught nursing for 10 years at Brigham Young University, where I received tenure and taught community health nursing, holistic nursing, and health assessment. In 2010 I was the host of the Glenda the Good Nurse radio talk show, where I interviewed guests and took calls regarding integrative healing. I have a PhD in Nursing from Oregon Health & Science University and a Master’s Degree in Community Health Nursing from the University of Utah, where I also received my Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. I am a Board Certified Advanced Holistic Nurse. I enjoy studying and presenting stress management and motivational workshops throughout the country as Glenda the Good Nurse..
The Core Weekend prepares nurses for the Holistic Nursing Certification Exam, and also introduces real experiences in many of these modalities. Attendees will gain personal experience and insight, as well as greater knowledge of further opportunities in holistic medicine. The Core Weekend provides sufficient content preparation for the Holistic Nursing Certification exam offered by AHNA, yet we encourage you to anchor your learning with the live or online modality options (below).
Core Weekend Curriculum-
-Preparatory course designed to address key competencies of Holistic Nursing Certification exam, including the following Core Values
- Holistic Philosophy, Theories and Ethics
- Holistic Educations and Research
- Nursing Self-Care
- Holistic Communications, Therapeutic Environment, & Cultural Diversity
- Holistic Caring Process
-Active learning an hands-on, experiential modules for different modalities of complementary and alternative healthcare: Imagery, Yoga/Tai chi, Reflexology, Nutrition, Reiki, Auricular Acupuncture, Qi Gong, Aromatherapy, Relationships and Communication, Death and Dying, Weight Management, Addiction and Recovery, Abuse and violence Counseling.
Modality Specialization (select as many as you like, however those seeking to sit for certification need 21 total contact hours)
In addition to the Core Weekend, nurses will have the opportunity to begin in-depth clinical explorations to “specialize” in at least 2 different CAM modalities, short course 3 to 4 hours, long course weekends, CEUs available:
Modality Options 4 hour Courses
- Overview of Holistic Nursing Modalities (more in-depth review of a variety of modalities)
- Over view of Asian Medicine & Acupressure (live & online)
- Gua Sha & Cupping
- Reflexology (4 contact hours)
- Imagery & Mindfulness “Awaking the Inner Healer”
- Principals of TCM Energetics
- Reiki/Chakra Healing
- Pain Management “Integrated Pain Therapy”
- Acu-Detox (see Auricular Detox below)
- Herb Treatment and Drug Pharmacology “Herb-Drug Interactions” (4 contact hours)
- Achieving Wellness Mind Body Modalities, Qi Gong, Tai Qi, Acu-Yoga
- Introduction to Integrative Nutrition “Craving and Foods”
- Aroma & Raindrop Therapy
- Tea: Health Benefits & Medicinal Uses
- Meditation and Mind/Body Principles
- Spirituality & Health
- Auricular Detox Certification (Arizona only, 70 hour course for level; Level 2 in conjunction with Rio Salado Community College online; additional cost due to higher number of hours)
Featured Speaker for Core Weekend:
*Glenda Christiaens, PHD, RN, AHN-BC, Immediate Past President of the Holistic Nurses Association, and current CEO/President of “Glenda The Good Nurse”.
Questions please contact Paula Farquharson 602-274-1885 x116